This Valentine’s Day, make something from the heart – with a little help from a local chocolatier, who shares this recipe for infused chocolate date truffles. Bonus – with no added sugar, these little treats are delicious and healthy, too!
- 125g (1/2 cup) cashew butter (or 1 cup whole cashews)
- 125g (approximately. 6-7 dates) large dates, pitted
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped, or 1/2 tsp 100% vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 82.5g (1/2 cup) 100% cocoa powder
- KYND 300mg CBD Tincture, one 1/2 oz bottle
- To make cashew butter from whole cashews, mix 1 cup of whole cashews in food processor until smooth.
- Add dates and and blend well.
- Add vanilla and sea salt; incorporate. Add KYND 300mg CBD oil and mix thoroughly. You may need to scrape the bowl and keep remixing until well blended.
- Add the 100% cocoa powder to mixture. Blend again 3-5 minutes, scraping and mixing intermittently.
- Remove dough from food processor.
- Roll dough into balls approximately 1.5-inch diameter (20g).
- Optional: To keep truffles moist longer, roll each truffle in ground almonds .
Makes (16) 20g truffles – each truffle will contain 17.6mg of CBD.
- Refrigerate in airtight container; will last for six weeks.
- Substitute peanuts or almonds for cashews. If mixture is dry after blending, add 1-2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil.
- Substitute with 2:1 KYND Tincture (½ oz) for 6.2mg THC and 12.4 CBD per 20g truffle.
- These truffles have no added sugar. The sweetness from the dates and the nutty flavor balance wonderfully with the cocoa powder for a tasty, healthy treat.